Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Urban Emphasis Week at Moody Bible Institute


I will be leaving today for my seventh recruiting trip to Moody in the past three years.  This trip is extra special as I am traveling with Rev. Dr. Don Davis, who is the main speaker for the week.  Every Spring Moody has a special focus on urban ministries and they invited Don to speak in three chapels, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  Don will then share several other times in classes and other meetings with students.

I have helped set up the schedule for Don and then will get to be his “bodyguard” for the week. I am excited about the opportunity to network and follow up with students interested in World Impact. Don is a very motivating speaker, so I expect to find lots of interest in World Impact!

After our time at Moody, I get to stay an extra day to see Esther, my sister-in-law, and Anna, my niece. I am very excited to see them as well.

Here are some things you can pray for:
-          Safety as we travel to, in, and around Chicago.
-          Energy for Don and me as we will have long hour days.
-          God to call students into urban missions – openness to the messages Don will be preaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment