Thursday, December 8, 2011

Puzzle Pieces

I am not very good at puzzles nor do I really like them.  It's probably my personality and my lack of patience.  But God has been giving us lots of puzzle pieces lately here at World Impact.  As the volunteer coordinator, I am often the point of contact for someone interested in getting involved with our ministry.  Also, I have been partnering with Susie Krehbiel this past fall to help with fundraising.  In the past few months we have seen much more interest in our ministry.

I think one of the main contributing factors to this increased interest in our ministry is two books. The popularity of books like Radical by David Platt and Crazy Love by Francis Chan have stirred people to get out of their comfort zones and want to make more of a difference with their lives.

As Susie and I have interacted with each church and each individual, we've gotten a growing sense that God wants to do something big in our city and especially among the poor.  So right now we are in the process of collecting the different puzzle pieces and then praying through what God wants us to do.

Pray especially for Daren Busenitz our Wichita director, and Lisa Entz our church plant director.  Pray that they will have wisdom and clarity for what God is doing in the midst of all of this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment